Vaughan Williams Bursaries
Up to five Vaughan Williams Bursaries, of £4,000 each, are awarded each year at the discretion of the trustees.
Founded by the composer Ralph Vaughan Williams, the RVW Trust exists primarily to assist British composers who have not yet achieved a national reputation. Our VW Bursaries are made annually to those who have been accepted on their first taught Masters’ courses in composition at British universities or conservatoires. A list of awards made in 2021 can be found on our News page.
How to Apply
The next application deadline is 14 April 2022.
- Please read the guidelines for applicants
- The application form will be posted here in Autumn 2021
Unfortunately, we are NOT able to support the following:
- Courses in TV/ film composition
- Courses teaching only electro-acoustic composition
- Performance courses
- Research courses centring on musicology or analysis
- Courses outside the UK